Diflorasone Diacetate Ointment USP 0.05%, 60g
Eligible patients pay $0 copay for all Innovida generic products
For the relief of inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses. A topical steroid used to treat the inflammation and itching caused by certain skin conditions such as allergic reactions, eczema and psoriasis.
Each gram of diflorasone diacetate ointment contains 0.5 mg diflorasone diacetate in an ointment base. Chemically, diflorasone diacetate is 6α,9-difluoro-11β,17,21-trihydroxy-16β-methylpregna-1,4-diene- 3,20-dione 17,21-diacetate.
Diflorasone diacetate ointment should be applied to the affected area as a thin film from one to three times daily depending on the severity or resistant nature of the condition.
For topical use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Wash hands after each application.
Topical corticosteroids are indicated for the relief of the inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of
Patients using topical corticosteroids should receive the following information and instructions:
1. This medication is to be used as directed by the physician. It is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes.
2. Patients should be advised not to use this medication for any disorder other than for which it was prescribed.
3. Contact your healthcare provider if you experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances (see WARNINGS).
4. The treated skin area should not be bandaged or otherwise covered or wrapped as to be occlusive unless directed by the physician.
5. Patients should report any signs of local adverse reactions especially under occlusive dressing.
6. Parents of pediatric patients should be advised not to use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants on an infant or child being treated in the diaper area, as these garments may constitute occlusive dressings.
Avoid contact with the eyes. Use of topical corticosteroids may increase the risk of subcapsular cataracts and glaucoma. Report any visual symptoms to your physician.
If irritation develops discontinue use and contact physician. Caution should be exercised when administered to pregnant women and nursing mothers. Prolonged use or large amounts are not advised. Safety and effectiveness of pediatric or geriatric use has not been established.
Report any adverse reactions, such as burning, itching, irritation, dryness, to physician immediately.
Do not use with occlusive dressings unless directed by a physician.